Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Drab to Fab

I am long overdue for blogging. We've been working hard and playing harder.

Over Memorial Day weekend, I hired Holly, my new favorite sister, to help me paint one of our upstairs bedrooms to turn it into an office/craft room. Before it was a boring cream color, and one wall even looked an odd shade of green for some reason. See examples here: I decided to go with the color Meadow Mist, #88231-08. I made that number up, but it was something like that. I love it! Do you? I don't care if you do, because I do. Sometimes it looks blue, sometimes it's turquoise. I just like that it's bright. This is the almost-finished room. Jason was kind enough to hang shelves for me and to assemble a snazzy desk from Ikea. Also, if we ever have a baby boy, I will make him live here, even if he is more of a Seaside Blue fan than Meadow Mist. If you can't tell, I love Clorox wipes. I can spot three tubs in these pictures. Can you?

6 comments:

Kim Dubois said...

It really is fab! Nice work. I can't wait for your little Meadow Mist boy to move in.

Anonymous said...

I think you should have painted it "cool pool" blue, with waves and everything, just like the cool pool of yesteryear.

Jessica said...

You sure are growing up with you office/craft room. I hope your planning your OC trip soon. Miss you.

Mindy said...

That looks so great!! I am super impressed and can't wait to see it.

p.s. since when do you have word verification? i hate those!

Audrey Henderson said...

finally you updated your stupid blog you big turd,it was like you didn't even care about keeping me entertained any more, well you are lucky because now I may talk to you at Christy's wedding, don't get your hopes up but maybe

bklain said...

um I love that color! I can't believe i didn't go upstairs to see it yesterday! But it looks fabulous :)