

I had a dream last night that I was listening to Barack Obama speak. I don't remember what he said, but when he was done speaking, he walked out to the crowd for some photo ops and was shaking everybody's hands. He approached me and told me to walk and talk with him. The conversation went as follows:
O: "Emily, do you know who you're voting for?"
E: "I don't know. I honestly don't like either of you that much, but I feel like I have to vote for someone. You know?"
O: "I see. I like that you're being honest."
E: "Last time, I voted for Bush, but I didn't even like him. Now look where that got me. You seem nice, but I don't want you to raise capital gains taxes."
O: "You have time to decide, don't worry. You are still very young."
Then he had to catch his train so he gave me a hug and said, "It was nice to meet you." And I said, "It was nice to meet you too, Emily." I didn't say anything because I thought maybe he stopped listening. "Did you just call me Emily?!" And then everyone laughed and laughed. It was just one of those slip-ups, you know when you go to the movies and the ticket-taker says, "enjoy your movie" and you say, "thanks, you too." It felt like that. Only it was Obama. Anyways, we all had a good laugh and he got on the subway and left and I went home to see if I made it on the news.
I think my dream means that I don't know who I'm voting for. And in my dream, I did make it on the news.
Who should I vote for? You should know I easily succumb to peer pressure.
editor's note: It was hard to find an unattractive photo of Obama on Google Images. However, it was very easy to find an unattractive photo of McCain.
18 comments:
I've always been afraid to blog about Politics (because I like Obama) and Twilight because I'm afraid people will yell at me. Your blog is full of courage. Also, I usually get so bored I want to kill myself when people tell me about their dreams but that was very amusing.
I agree with everything Mindy said, but especially about people talking about their dreams. Your story actually made me laugh out loud more than once, so well done.
Your dream sounds prophetic to me. My name is Melanie and I'm a democrat because I care about people. There are about 2 issues that I disagree with what the "normal" liberal believes in because I feel it's against my religion, but with republicans I feel like there's 4 or 5 beliefs that are against my religion. I'm sure the republicans out there are wondering what the heck I'm talking about.
Obviously I'm a mama for obamam because pretty much every single time I've heard him say anything, I like what I hear.
I am also undecided because I don't particularly like either. Unfortunately, the most grating thing about Obama, besides some of his politics and agendas I don't like, is that he is trendy. I feel like people who don't read Newsweek or USAToday or any kind of newspaper are deciding to vote for him because he's the cool kid on the block. I get really annoyed with people who insist upon arguing politics, or more likely, arguing for a candidate, but only know what the media/friends tell them and don't know anything through their own research. I don't know why, but now that the celebrities are on the Obama bandwagon lots of 20 year olds think he's the shiz and wow isn't he great. That makes me not want to vote for him...because I don't want to be associated with the people with the vinyl live laugh love, you know? hahaha. In fairness, LDS people did the same thing with Mitt Romney - totally uninformed about any of his politics.
Obama does, however, have a seemingly strong and attractive family. You should read the US weekly article about him, maybe that will help you decide. hahahaha.
So, somehow I have missed putting your blog in my repetoire of friends, but thanks to your comment I have spent at least an hour of my day catching up on the past year of your blog . . . hilarious. Can you teach me to blog like you? I guess you have to be funny in real life in order to be funny in BLOG or can you trick people?
I am going to become a more frequent blog commenter now that I am a part of this world. So my comment is: haha! And: Obama. Whoever is harder to find an attractive photo of = that person wins.
Listen to your heart, young skywalker. The truth will be shown to you. For me, the decision is easy. Newsweek broke it down for me a few months ago. Obama wants to spend more money on education and less money on military/war, and bring those darn troops home. Being an educator and a pacifist, that sounds pretty good to me. Plus, I want a multi-cultural man or woman in the White House. ITNOJC... Amen.
Emily, you have quite tolerable and open-minded friends. How did this happen?
I also find it annoying that Obama is "trendy" and popular among celebs. Oh how I wish I could erase from my mind him dancing on the Ellen show.
I forgot to mention that in my dream, Obama sounded like Mufasa. It was awesome. I think he would be a shoo-in if he sounded like that in real life.
Oh also! I need to apologize for the billions of versions you're probably getting of my blog posts in your feed read! I keep finding edits afterwards and needing to fix them. I am just learning! Luckily, I am fairly certain you are the only person who kept a blank blog in your reader for 6 months, so I only have to write this one apology.
I wasn't going to comment, but then this became an Obama love fest, and I figured someone has to be the voice of opposition... right? At the risk of sounding un-cool, uninformed, and lest I forget, racist.
Mr. Obama is cool, he is a great speaker, and has a knack for energizing young people. But where's the beef? The man is an empty suit with a radical agenda. He will raise our taxes, put pro-abortion judges in the supreme court (side note, he is for infanticide), he has no foreign relation experience (actually he's only been in the senate for 143 working days = lacking in the overall experience department).
In addition, this guy taught Mitt Romney how to flip-flop. It is abundantly clear that he says what the polls tell him to. Look at the Georgia/Russia conflict for the most recent example.
On the flip-side, McCain isn't much better. If he picks a veep with a strong economic background that will keep him from increasing the size of the government and keeping taxes down (thanks last 10 years of republicans- you really screwed up), then he'll be a good choice.
I must say that I was a McCain fan before I read these comments and I have now changed my mind. You see, I also thought that Obama was going to raise my taxes to pay for all of his social programs (i.e. welfare)…but I now see how his plan will benefit society. We can issue a small pill to the thirteen year old girls so that they don’t accidentally bring any ill-conceived baggage into this world, we can abort any illegitimate children before they even have begun to develop a heart, any illegal anchor-baby birth on US soil will automatically face dismemberment, and we can dash to pieces those that actually do see daylight because their mothers were cocaine fiends and their condition was not discover early enough to actually stomp them out before they had feelings. And if all of the bad ilk can be eliminated before it has a chance to bare fruit, then there will be no need for welfare, prisons, militaries, or politicians because only good people will exist. I knew I loved this Obama for a reason; it just took a while to see through the smoke and mirrors. I used to be offended that people would call me a racist because I didn’t believe that Obama was fit in any degree to be the president, but now I can truly say that I am a racist through and through because I have joined Obama’s pastor on the campaign trail (because if you’re the right shade it’s OK to be superior). I used to get jeered because I would question Obama’s patriotism, but I have seen the light again…America is just another stupid country that only rapes and pillages the rest of the world…and I would rather be under Communist rule anyhow. Just look at China, they have more gold medals than we do. If that is not evidence, then I don’t now what is. So to all of you fence sitters…get off your butts, get that Obama sticker on your car window…oh, and get a Free Tibet one also (or has that movement already been outdated because we now want a smoothly oiled Socialist/Communist government that will be all and do all for everybody in the good ole’ USA). Free health care…here I come. Gonna get me some fake boobiesc ourtesy of the man, some free ganja, gonna marry me a member of the same sex that I am (hopefully that way humans will become an endangered species because we are all killing the planet and don’t deserve to be here...long live t-rex), and blah, blah, blah. In conclusion…abort everybody…Vote for Obama 08!
See ya in the White House, Hillary
The above comment is pretty awesome, but I too had a dream/vision about my vote. My dream was much like that of Joseph Smith when he asked the Lord, “which of all the candidates was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)—and which I should join." Shortly after having asked the question in my dream, I received the answer…not in the voice of Mufasa, but rather a Charltony Hestony type of voice. The voice answered and said, “that I must join none of them, for they were both wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those candidates were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of movie stars and whoever will line their pockets, having a form of godliness (I think this part of my dream was a direct jab at the new Messiah Obama), but they deny the power thereof.” So it has been revealed to me that I must stick with the only candidate who really gives a darn…Ron Paul.
s.n.j.w
Emily, does that mean you want to vote for James Earl Jones?
Tru dat.
I'm right there with you...I have no idea.
Can I vote for T. Boone Pickens instead?
Emily I just had a dream I was hanging out with Barack! I think it is because in Harlem everyone wheres this shirt with Barack and Martin Luther King photoshoped together (by what appears to be a twelve year old playing on the computer) with a big " I have a dream" text on top. I have not advice except that on my mission I noticed that the Latinos often have revelation dreams...so probably Barack would be a good choice.
Jordan's comment as well as your dream reminds me of the time three years ago that I had a dream we caught Saddam Hussein and when I woke up that morning I heard on the news that he was caught the night before. True story.
I just revisited your blog after a few weeks, read all the comments and now I'm scared. I hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment