Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Isn't it about...time?

Some of you may have heard the good news, but some of you I haven't been able to get a hold of. I hate to do this through a blog, but that's what this announcement has come to.

We've been thinking about this for a long time, and when we were ready, everything just fell into place. We said that we would wait longer, but the timing just felt right, you know? Our house finally feels like a home!

We got DirectTV!!! With a free DVR upgrade!!! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

19 comments:

kh said...

I'm sure you'll be very happy together.

ps - I'm soooooo jealous!!!!

Jules AF said...

DVR changed my life. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

We got the same thing! Free DVR? Heck yes! Congrats on your newest little miracle!

Randi said...

Best decision you'll ever make. Life before DVR? I don't remember, and neither will you.

ShaLyse Walker said...

yesssss. I was speed reading with baited breath. HAHAHA Best post ever.

laura said...

Hahaha. I honestly don't know that I could love a human child as much as I love my Tivo.

Marcus Lane said...

I am sure you will have an ever lasting friendship with it, maybe even more.

monica said...

What's DVR? You guys are NEVER leaving the house again, are you?

Kim said...

I'm so glad you guys put your heads together so you no longer have to be slaves to primetime. Congrats

Miss Mary said...

You are so funny Emily, I am always laughing through your blog! Congrats on the new addition!

Wendy said...

I thought you were going to say you were pregnant!!!

But DirectTV is cool too:)

Allison said...

Sometimes I tell people my DVR is my boyfriend (and I know Miranda also says that, but it is SO true).

Mr. DVR always knows what I want and patiently waits for me to get home after a long day. He pauses when I am just not ready and fast forwards when I get bored. Mr. DVR is a perfect, uh, device!

Emily your blog is hilarious!

Jill said...

First of all, you're hilarious. Second of all, I feel a sense of closeness to you right now because we just got the same! It's amazing, isn't it?

Mostly Leighanna, some Jordan said...

I just mentioned to someone today how I didn't know how people without DVR could watch AI because of all the idiocy/commercials. I would quit TV before I went back to commercials. And I LOVE TV.

Julia said...

Congratulations on your new addition.

Paige said...

You deserve it. You two have trained all your lives to be such fantastic couch potatoes.

Martha said...

You are such a brat! I was so convinced you were prego that I was reaching for my phone to call Liz before I even got to the end. BOO.

Mandi said...

I love you Em. I have been married for Four years and we still haven't got one of those. We are just takin it slow. Maybe in a year or two I will be ready!

monica said...

Isn't it about time... you posted something new? like what you're going to do or did for Jason's birthday?