Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February Silviaisms

Thank you for the overwhelming response to my last emo post. I wasn't looking for validation, but I will admit that I loved getting it! Isn't it so funny how we all feel the same way about those dumb stripey straws, but still continue to read those blogs from people we don't even know in real life?? It's nice every once in a while to see their pretty houses and to dream about one day throwing a beautiful party like theirs, but after a while it just makes me feel like crap. I unsubscribed from a bunch of those blogs and feel a lot better about myself. After writing that post, I blew off work for the next few days and got rid of the dust bunnies and spent time with my family instead. But now I'm still trying to catch up on my work and that sucks too. Ssshhh, I'm thinking about quitting soon, don't tell. If you know anything about where I work, then you know how awesome it's going to feel to be away from that place.

In lighter news, Silvia's been around and has been saying funny things! These are just from the last five days, so I'm sure there will be more to come.
  • While discussing one of my non-stick pans becoming a sticky-pan: "Just spray it with a little Spam."
  • While I was watching The Bachelor: "Is this the show The Matchmaker?"
  • While Jane was in the bathtub: "She is so perfect! She looks just like a little Baby Jesus, but a woman."
  • While watching funny videos of my nephew Wyatt doing tricks on his bike: "You should send it to Family Home Evening." She meant America's Funniest Home Videos.
  • Describing Jane screaming in her car seat: "She was thrashing and launching!" She pronounced it loun-ching.
  • Discussing brilliant 21-month-old Eli: "Eli is so smart! He knows 24 of the 27 letters!"

5 comments:

monica said...

So funny. Thanks for the laughs and nearly peeing my pants.... and I wasn't even jumping on a trampoline. I would have said Spam too.. is it "Pam?" I'm turning into mom. I believe I did tell her over the phone today that he really does know "24 of the 27 letters." Is that funny? He really is a genious. Today he said "wait", "come on", and "dumb!" when I was trying to find Nemo clips on Youtube for him.

shayna said...

I read these out loud to Eric. He's a big fan too. We're going to make some videos to send into Family Home Evening. Can I be invited the next time all of you get together?

Jon Selden said...

Hilarious Em! And hilarious trampoline comment Monica. Miss you guys. Love, Jonathan

Erin said...

Will you at least still come to the guac off? It just wouldn't be the same without you.

Jason said...

A follow-up from Silvia to the bachelor from last night:

When do we get to watch that show again. Did any of those girls marry that idiot? He looks like an idiot.