Thursday, April 26, 2007

Paige's Birthday!

I have a friend at work named Paige. We make fun of other people a lot. Sometimes we sing songs. Sometimes we quote Disney movies. We're in the same department so our cubes are right next to each other and sometimes I throw things at her to keep her on her toes. She is funny.Sunday was her birthday, and I thought it would be funny to surprise her with something on Monday. I bought 720 red plastic cups from Costco, and we had IT distract her for 20 minutes while we set up all the cups inside and outside her cube. We also blew up 68 balloons (it was a package of 72; 3 had holes in them, and Pete popped one while attempting to tie it) and filled her cube with balloons.
It was fun getting everybody on the 3rd floor involved. And when I say "everybody," I mean a few designers and Mark. We all pitched in to help to set up the cups and it went surprisingly fast. The plan was almost foiled when the cups fell down. It may or may not have been me that made them fall. But alas, it worked out in the end.
She was very surprised.
Paige thought of an idea later that would have been cooler; filling up the cups with water so she couldn't just run right into them. But that would have taken hours, and I don't think IT could have distracted her for that long.The best part of it is that we have 240 untainted cups leftover for our future drinking pleasure.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh my gosh! I am a link on your blog! I seriously feel totally privleged, and I wish I had cool people at work who I could throw stuff at.

cait said...

emmy! I'm so thrilled about your blog...i love the red cups. i will send you CN pics ASAP.

Kim Dubois said...

Who's that chick in the red sweater? Brandy?

Emily said...

That's Casey, the new writer. Lee is trying to recruit her to be the Lavender Fairy as well because she's so teeny tiny.