Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tulip Festival

This weekend Christy and I went on a date. I call it a date because when we were there, she bought me a snow cone thing, she was wining and dining me. We went to the Tulip Festival at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens, right by where I work. She had never been to The Gardens, and I had, but not for the Tulip Festival and not in the spring time. It was beautiful! Really, the few photos I post cannot do it justice, it is pretty incredible there. It was a very nice sunny day. I really hope that it stays sunny and warm and that it doesn't start snowing again.
I just had to post these pictures of this performance group that was there. I feel so bad for these poor girls. There were about 9 people watching them, probably all family members, and they had to be outside in the hot sun to sing and dance. They are about to hit their awkward stages, and I'm sure that their friends made them join, or their moms know each other or something. I had some flashbacks of Dahlia's Rising Stars. Scary.They had free demonstrations of Segway's so of course Christy and I signed up for that. Segway is the wave of the future. Maybe.The best part of the whole day was at the end we rolled down this hill. It was so steep, and when you're a big person, you really catch a lot of speed and can't stop. I have a big bruise on my bony hip now from slamming into the ground so many times.

1 comment:

cait said...

I'm so jealous of the whole date...can we do that? I have always wanted to do the segway thing.