Thursday, March 27, 2008

My return

Have I really not blogged for over three weeks? I'm sorry, loyal fans. I apologize. Or is it too late to apologize? You know, like that song that's overplayed?

For those of you still reading, I'm back! I recently went on a vacation where I happened to acquire a husband, went to a few cool parties, ate good food, and got a few gifts. Not to mention, I got a sweet tan that is now peeling. Thank you, dry Utah. I will save that story for another post.

Being married is awesome! My boy roommate is the best. He doesn't complain about how smelly I am because since he's a boy, he's smelly too. We are now living in our house and are sleeping on an air mattress and have clothes all over the floor. It kind of feels like camping, only we're inside, and there are nicer facilities. It's very fun!

Our whole wedding day was really a beautiful day. A long, exhausting, flu-inducing day, but beautiful nonetheless. It was so great to be surrounded by so many loving and supportive friends and family. I hope everyone had fun, because I sure did!


I will now post a few pictures from the wedding. I don't have any of my own, but here are some that I stole from my brother-in-law, Jason. Don't confuse him with my husband, also named Jason. We just try to make things easier on my mom so she doesn't have too many new names to remember.

I don't know how we fit all these people in the temple, but somehow we did. Thanks for coming, friends! Sofia loved being a flower girl; she was always right by my side making sure my dress didn't drag too much. I love this picture of my family because nobody's paying attention except for my parents. Many many thanks to the most amazing friends in the world that were so nice to be there for my big day. You are all so beautiful! These are a few pictures from the reception. This was my delicious cake. At least it looks delicious, I only remembering having one small bite. Speaking of food, when I got back from the honeymoon, my mom said, "I cleaned all the chocolate off your dress." But I didn't even see, let alone eat anything from the chocolate fountain. I wondered how I got chocolate on my dress and then I looked through these pictures and possibly found a culprit: And last but not least, everybody's favorite part of the reception was the mariachi band. I love this picture of Wyatt grooving with la musica. My family throws an awesome party! And just for journalistic purposes, I will add this story. I'm not mad, I swear. My friend Caitlin left her keys in my bag which was in the trunk of our car, so a few minutes after driving away, Jason gets a few frantic phone calls and text messages telling us to come back. We had only driven down the street to a gas station so I was glad we had gotten the call then instead of an hour down the road. Caitlin felt really bad and said she will name her first-born either Jason or Emily to make up for it. You are forgiven Cait, I thought it was hilarious.

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Boy roommates are the best. Very nice documentation of the day, Mrs. Russon.

AnnEE said...

I agree. Even if you were naked when you posted it, I'm glad you finally got around to it.

Jules AF said...

I. Love. The. Pinata.

Mel said...

Welcome back, Em! We definitely missed you here in blog world. You look so pretty in your wedding dress. I loved your funny comment on my blog. It makes me laugh, even still.

Candace said...

I'm so sad I wasn't there! You only have yourself to blame for having it in California instead of here in Utah where it would have been MUCH more convienient for me! What were you thinking? But seriously, you looked lovely, and so did Jason, and congratulations!

Lindsi said...

A. You're married. to Jason. weird.
B. I wasn't there, depressing.
C. I noticed my new good friend Mindy was right behind you in the picture with you and sofia and I laughed and then realized you really need to set up a hang out for us. Just an idea.
D. I'm sad I'm not in the girlfriend picture so will you e-mail me that and I will just photoshop Kim and I in. I've got some photoshopping skills and can make it look really natural.
E. I missed the mariachi band. I hate my life.
F. I heart the Russon's!

Lindsi said...

Oh and I forgot...
G. I heard Kim and I were wished a Happy St. Patrick's Day and well that's awkward.

Mindy said...

SUCH a fun day!! I had a blast at your reception, and am looking forward to your other reception tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I see Sof loved being the flower girl... : )
I'm sad I couldn't be there.

cait said...

i really did that on purpose so you would always think of me when you remember your wedding day! i love all the pics!

Mandi said...

I have missed your posts. You looked amazing and sooo happy. Sorry I missed out on the party it looks like it was a good one. Happy Marriage!!