Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wordsmith

I think the raddest word in the English language is "comeuppance." I finally got to use it last week when OJ got sentenced. You better believe I said it every time someone mentioned that current event. "His comeuppance has arrived!" or "It's about time he got his comeuppance." Did I use the word correctly? I have no idea, but I liked it.

On a side note, a few years ago my sister taught me the best word in Portuguese. It's"paralelepipido," pronounced "pah-dah-lay-lee-pee-pee-du." It means cobblestone. "My paralelepipidos have arrived!"

4 comments:

monica said...

yes, we must thank Eric, the Brazilian wannabe, for that word. And, your "cobblestones" are still sitting in a pile in your back yard. Get a move on Jason!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH Emmy!! So my family has been having a word contest for the past few months, and Kendall submitted that very Portuguese word! What a crazy and splendid coincidence. My personal word favorite is "kerfuffle." But I won the contest with the word "epeolatry," which means "the worship of words." Fitting, eh?

Jules AF said...

I love the word blase right now. Did you know that it's pronounced with a z?

Lindsi said...

I love a lot of great words but there all made up by me so I don't think it counts or can be bragged about here. Lame.
Oh by the way, my name is Lindsi. I don't know if you remember me but I remember you. We met once.