Friday, September 4, 2009

Apple of my Pie

If you thought my last post was braggy, get a load of this!

Tuesday night I baked an apple pie. FROM SCRATCH. With apples FROM OUR BACKYARD.

And it tasted GOOD. I could hardly believe it myself.Ask me sometime about how when I was baking the pie, I cut into an apple and a pincher bug flew out of it onto the counter then scurried to the floor and then disappeared into a crack where it's probably making a million babies that are eating away at our foundation right now. Oh, I just told you, so you don't need to ask me.

9 comments:

Jules AF said...

How pretty! I am proud. Do you have an apple corer/slicer/peeler??? It's only 15 bucks, and it's totally worth it even if you only make 1 pie a year. I HATE CUTTING APPLES.

sam and brittney said...

Impressive! The hearts are my favorite part!

The Sisters 4 say MORE is more said...

Apple pie is my favorite!! And yours looks AMAZING.
and I too share a strong hatred towards pincher bugs. Nasty little suckers.

The Sisters 4 say MORE is more said...

Oh this is Sophie.

Christy Gunnell said...

Okay, since when did you become Betty Crocker?! Well done! The hearts are a nice touch. The whole bug thing made it a little less appealing though...ha ha, a peeling. I crack myself up.

Anonymous said...

I love your salsa, Em, but I'm not sure if I want to try your pincher bug pie. Hey, I rhymed!

Randi said...

You have good chef genes, why are you so surprised that you can cook? Looks delicious! I loved seeing all of the stuff from your garden too.

Tricia said...

Wow. You could be a pioneer. Were you wearing a bonnet while making this? Wait, don't tell me. I am going to imagine you did no matter what you say.

monica said...

Wow, impressive! Hope you saved some peach pie for me too! see you tomorrow.