Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reaping what we've sown

No, he's not home right now, can I take a message? Prettiest weeds on the block.One day, little pepper, you'll grow up to be big and red!

Louisville-slugger-sized zucchini
Our peaches are big and beautiful, and most are on the ground. Come and shake our tree.

Hurry, come eat our fruits and veggies before the birds and bees do!
Is that what they're calling it these days?

7 comments:

Audrey Henderson said...

i find that zuchinni slightly offensive. also if you didn't live so flipping far away i'd come and steal some of your bounty. p.s. love the lyrical reference, kudos

Jules AF said...

oooooo peaches

Stephanie said...

Wait you guys really grew all this stuff? This is like a roundabout way of bragging about your righteousness. But I do like those peaches.

ShaLyse Walker said...

Em- Sara is back in town. Let's have a chile reunion lunch ASAP!
ps-- boyfriend works with chad packard. crazy! hahaha

Kristin said...

This is impressive. Did gardening give you a warm, connected with the earth, industrious feeling? I always imagine it would. You have GOT to ask Brittany for our family's peach dessert recipe, it is TO DIE FOR. I actually have it somewhere if she doesn't cough up. The bottom is thick buttery crushed-graham, and then it's fresh peaches layered with thick sugary whippy cream, and, oh my gosh, I'm buying peaches tomorrow. Actually, forget Brittany, tell me if you want it.

Jill said...

Your posts may not be often, but they make my day.

monica said...

PLEASE save me some of those peaches!