Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Arachno-feline-phobia

I was about to hang up some fake Halloween spiderwebs outside our house, but that activity was interrupted when I noticed we had real spiderwebs. This beast was right outside our front window guarding its egg sac filled with a million devil babies.I learned from Arachnophobia--starring the great Jeff Daniels--that to get rid of spiders and their egg sacs, you have you kill them quickly and effectively: with fire. That is why Jason is using that lighter wand thing. Jason burned the web and the egg sac came crashing to the ground, exploding into little white sprinkles everywhere. So maybe fire wasn't the best choice, but this obviously wasn't a job for a wad of toilet paper.

Here's a closer picture: it's called a cat-faced spider. I strongly dislike cats and I hate spiders. A cat-faced spider?! Seriously, universe? Apparently they're not poisonous, but they're still disgusting. Do you see the kitty ears? Do you see them now? Jason stomped on the mommy while I drowned the babies with the hose. I think we all know what the moral of this story is: water and stomping puts out fire, and also kills spiders better. Jeff Daniels is full of crap. Optional secondary moral to the story: Don't go outside.

16 comments:

Dave and Ash said...

I can't read this. I don't know what you said. But, it reminds me, thanks for sitting on the couch with me that one family reunion when I had that black widow bite. What a cousin.

AnnEE said...

I feel violated. This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Wait, it happened to you.

Still.


gaaahhhhhhhhhh

Jordan and Candice said...

SICK. I hate cats and spiders so this really is a devil creature.

Megan & Matt said...

Oh my gosh. This is disgusting. My parents weren't thinking and showed us the movie when we just little kids. I've never been the same. How big was this thing?

Kim said...

seriously.. SOOO gross!! I hate big spiders that look like cats.

Randi said...

I liked the part of the story when you killed the mommy and her spawn.

Tricia said...

Eww, ew, ew, ew, eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww. Gross. I don't care that you live a half hour from me I am calling the exterminator to come to my house right now.

Kristin said...

Ew, Emily, ew. At first I though the lighter was like some sort of outdoor piping, like a raingutter? And that that thing was like as big as my face. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how big it is. This is the worst thing in the world.

dp said...

Level of right to life is = to level of cuteness. Beware ugly babies.

Myself - I save spiders.

Julia said...

Um, that spider is ENORMOUS. I'm glad you're still alive.

Mindy said...

Thats so gross.

monica said...

Nice Photoshop work. Very impressive. I especially liked the part when you said, "hey, we don't need to buy fake spiderwebs, we have real ones on my windows." And how I got to watch you CLEAN windows and screens for the first time of your life. Mom and dad were easy on you, I can tell. Thanks for an exciting weekend and all the free babysitting, but not for showing Mateo a "scawey vampire movie". Just kidding. You guys ROCK.

Mostly Leighanna, some Jordan said...

ok i'm not sure if the proportions are just off and you zoomed like 100x or if that is the biggest spider i have ever seen. if it is as big as it looks, you and Jason are CHAMPS for not just running inside screaming and calling animal control.

Jules AF said...

I am forever traumatized by this.

kh said...

Eeeewwweee! That thing is So America style. Ick! Well done.

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I was already having nightmares without seeing the dang thing! I seriously do have visions of Arachnophobia too often to admit (the one in the shower and the one coming out of the guy-eating-popcorn's nose...)

Maybe that much detail did enough admitting.

But anyway, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I will send you a link to my spider post. And now I will blog stalk you forever more--YES!