My best friend when I was little was a doll named Cricket*. She would talk and sing and play games with me, and I would be under her spell for hours. 
I think everyone had the mushroom haircut in 1986, right?
My sister has had Cricket for the last few years and just returned her, so now she lives at our house and totally creeps both of us out. One time I found her poor animatronic body folded in half and shoved in the closet because Jason didn't want to look at her. One late night, I pushed play and we died laughing. See why:
Cricket's got some good jokes, don't you think? If you don't think so, she might come over to your house for a staring contest. Cricket never loses.
*Cricket's voice was recorded by Laura Mooney, who was our neighbor when we lived in Westminster long ago. That's probably why my mom bought Cricket for me. Laura went on to have a few minor roles in some TV shows such as Life Goes On (Corky!!!) and Murphy Brown. She also played Kelly Kapowski's little sister in the classic Saved by the Bell episode 1-900-CRUSHED. Watch the real-live Cricket here.
16 comments:
Hi Emmy. So, I watch Ro's kids every Monday all day long and today was trying to look at your blog but all the blocks they have on their computer wouldn't let me to it (can't be too careful with pre pubescent boys). It came to me, though. It's the "cock" in the web address! Haha! Funny, huh?
Oh my word. I'm up late procrastinating packing for a trip and was literally doubled over laughing at this. So, so perfect.
I just watched it again, fyi. Your little scared "who's there?" really makes the whole thing.
How do you feel about people linking to your blog on facebook? I think the world needs this.
Ahhhh CRICKET!!! I had cricket and I have that exact picture of me holding her and she's about twice my size! So creepy. Do you remember that little fold out chair she came with? I also had Teddy Rucksbund (sp?). Remember him? Or the other talking doll named Pamela? Haha ok-- i obviously had an obsession with creepy talking dolls.
too funny,
"I'll be talkin' to ya!"
Probably the best thing you've ever posted.
I would fold her up and shove her in the closet, too.
She has got some legit jokes and I always am a fan of the jokesters. I think Cricket and I would be good buds.
My favorite part of the video was Jason laughing in the background. Right on cue.
that was hilarious/creepy.
what was her name in SBTB? nikki? i always felt bad for her, after she admitted the whole insect rodeo thing.
i wonder what life would be like to have your voice immortalized in such a creepy way.
Thanks for the laugh! Dolls have always creeped me out!
OMG! I totally remember that doll (and those stairs, btw). I'm laughing so hard (at work no less!) that tears are literally streaming down my face!
That is, hands down, the creepiest little doll I have ever seen. Keep it away from the kitchen knives and garden tools. You may just wake up one night to it coming after you with with a pickaxe.
oh my! i was dying laughing. that is very creepy!
Ro's computer won't let me view comments at all-- hard core.
You get to stay at the resort, eh? When you get your gooey, get a plate of french fries too. That's what Dave and I always do. A little salty, a little sweet. Yum yum.
July 22 is our anniversary, so we may or may not be in town. Hey, I got it! We can take your hotel room and you can stay at my place and babysit Miles! Just kidding. Pencil us in anyway, though. Your pencil has an eraser, right? Do it. Pencil it.
the best part is your awesome haircut
Post a Comment