

I've been in this new department at work for a year now and I love the people I work with. They are all hilarious and fun, but they are pretty lazy when it comes to Halloween. They have never won a prize, never decorate, and hardly ever dress up. I knew they were better than that so I took it upon myself to choose costumes for us. They all completely exceeded my expectations with how enthusiastic they were about it. They spoke with a Mexican accent all day, they heckled people, and they wrestled each other in their revealing stretchy pants. At one point all fifteen of us were running around the receptionist's desk yelling and screaming, and I looked behind me and just felt so happy. I can only describe it as pure joy. Is that weird to feel about a bunch of people in spandex and pleather capes? Yes. But guess what?! We won first place for best department theme!! I have no idea how we're going to top this next year. 

6 comments:
I've been waiting all year for a Halloween post. This exceeded all expectations.
I'm so happy for you! That sounds so fun. I love feelings of pure joy.
Awesome! Great minds think alike - I dressed up as the same thing this year for our Bunco party!
RRRRRAIIIIIIAAIIAIIIII!!!! (said in aunt Irma's awesome voice)
Basically, they just needed a ring leader. So good thing you got that baby on board!
Your office reminds me a lot of THE Office.
Post a Comment