Monday, October 11, 2010
These pictures are dark
I just got back from Dallas for work where we worked more hours in one week than I thought humanly possible. After a late night, we stopped by Dealey Plaza where JFK was assassinated since it was just around the corner from our hotel. It was around midnight so it was totally creepy. It was especially eerie when we saw a light shining in one of the rooms of the book depository where--supposedly--Lee Harvey Oswald was.
We all gathered around someone's iPhone and watched the footage of the president getting shot and tried to do a reenactment which was difficult since it's a busy road. We all ran out into oncoming traffic to get a picture on the X where it happened, but my question is this: What face are you supposed to make when you're taking a picture on a national landmark that's so depressing? Do you smile/laugh like us gals did?
Or do you do a finger gun to your head like Jon here? Too soon?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So i read this, like, 4 times, and kept on thinking it said Dealy pizza. When I clicked on the Wikipedia link, I couldn't figure out why it didn't take me to a website for a delicious pizza place. History fail.
mmmm. They should totally open a pizza place there. It's a little dead if you know what I mean. ZINGER!!
Oh man, Em. Why do I laugh so hard every time I look at this thing.
I think the finger gun to the head is completely appropriate. Hell, it's been what? almost 50 years?
Post a Comment