
Every year there's a carnival right in front of our house. We're able to avoid the hubbub for the most part (other than people parking in front of our driveway), so it doesn't bother us much. This year we walked around for a few minutes until our feet started to feel sticky from all the cotton candy (and vomit?) on the ground, but at least we got these cool pictures. Not pictured: teenagers with their skimpy clothing and foul language. What's with carnivals that brings out the white trash in people?

Doesn't this look nauseating?



I lost my shoe on the Gravitron ride circa 1993 in between Dahlia's Rising Stars performances at some county fair. I learned to not wear slip-on Keds on any ride after that.

Clint Black performed later this evening at a rodeo about 15 minutes from my house. Do you think this was the lowest point in his career? I still think his lowest was when he sang about tuna fish on Celebrity Apprentice.

Goodbye, Carnies! Until we meet again.
7 comments:
OH, Dahlia's Rising Stars. So legendary.
Haha, "teenagers with their skimpy clothing and foul language." You're such a MOM.
Um, Idaho state fair? It is like the most publicized event in all of Idaho, so we finally went last year to see what the deal was. We waited in line for about 10 minutes to buy our tickets, and I swear 90% of the line was homeless people who had saved up coins to get into the fair to scrounge around for people's discarded turkey legs and corn dogs. Once into the fair, I was most appalled at the WT bride who chose the Idaho state fair as the venue for her wedding pictures. I didn't know it was possible to have a wedding dress showcase a tramp stamp, but this chick and the Idaho state fair made it possible.
I doubt we will return this August for round 2.
BAH. jordan's gmail is always signed in and then I look like a fool leaving skidentist comments willynilly.
makes me want to barf. does that mean you are W.T. if you were there?
no monica....it's like observing wildlife. You document behavioral patterns (and pass judgement), and try not to disturb them in their natural habitat.
Correction: carnivals don't bring the WT out in average people--they simply bring the WT people out in droves. It's like moths to a flame, baby.
Post a Comment