Monday, September 17, 2007

Dancing Knights and Men in Tights

Jason was so nice and surprised me with tickets to see Spamalot this weekend! Ok, he didn't surprise me. I called him and told him we needed to go see it. So we did! And it was hilarious. For those of you that don't know what Spamalot is, it's Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail turned into a Broadway musical. It has all the crowd favorites, including the Knights Who Say Ni, the scary rabbit that eats people, brave Sir Robin, and "not dead Fred". And maybe I have a crush on Lancelot. I really wish I had someone trotting behind me all the time, clicking coconuts. Wouldn't life be wonderful as a musical, at least for one day?
I highly recommend Spamalot and I guarantee you will laugh so hard that you'll start to feel a little self-conscious.

Warning: This broadway production has been rated PG-15 for crude humor, bad words said with a British accent, scantily clad women, Lancelot thrusting in a bedazzled speedo, and French people.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

haha, i'm glad you got to see it!! it sounds like they did a great job.

mamasuisse said...

I've seen a video clip of the ladies carrying trays of jiggly, cherry-topped jello molds - definitely not one for the kiddies. But the kids clopping along behind you are almost as good as coconuts would be!

When you have time, go visit Anna's blog at annachristensen.blogspot.com and vote in her poll.