Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Sighting!

Attention Us Weekly, TMZ, Perez Hilton, the Lees, and any other celebrity gossip venues I have failed to mention. LiLo was sighted yesterday in Walgreens in Orem! I've been wanting to blog about Lindsay Lohan ever since I first found out that she was in rehab here in Utah, but I have yet to have any personal encounters--until NOW! Ok, so I didn't see her, per se, but Paige's husband Kincade is the manager of Walgreens in Orem so this gives him the perfect opportunity to tend to rehabilitating starlets, and then I get to hear all about it at work the next day. I got the first-hand scoop of what went down at Walgreens. Lindsay came in and spent around $600 on chips, energy drinks, a Zit Zapper, and other snacks and random pharmaceutical items. How many chips do you need to buy so that it costs $600?! Doesn't she know that Costco is just down the street and their prices are so much more reasonable, especially if purchased in bulk? Fascinating.

I know in rehab you learn about the 12 steps and blah blah blah, but they should really try to teach you how to have some self-awareness and some common courtesy. For example, her shopping cart was full of stuff and she didn't help the cashier ring it all up by placing things on the counter. Instead she just left her cart there and then walked around looking at more stuff while the cashier had to reach over the counter to get things out of her cart! How rude!
She then walked behind the counter where the cash register was to throw away the empty can of some energy drink she was drinking. I would have accused her of attempted shoplifting, just to make things fun. When the cashier asked for the zip code of her credit card (they need authorization over a certain dollar amount), Lindsay didn't know it. She had to call her agent and ask. Isn't that so funny? Maybe her card is a local Utah card and she didn't know the zip code. Or maybe she is so detached from reality that she doesn't know the zip code of her home in LA, or where her credit card bills are sent. Or maybe she's been kicked out of so many hotels and movie sets that she doesn't even know where her home is. Poor Lindsay. Fine, I guess I feel sorry for her and I'll leave Lindsay A-Lohan.

Lindsay's planning to leave the Cirque Lodge soon, but guess which celebrity with fried hair most recently signed up for Utah's most luxurious rehabilitation center? None other than Richie Sambora! Let's hope he doesn't waltz into Gandolfo's and steal all of their chips when I'm there getting a turkey sandwich.

13 comments:

Mindy said...

Awesome!! I can't believe she spent $600 at walgreens. i'm going to miss having lindsey in utah...

Kim said...

Emily that is amazing! I wish that your friends husband would of called you so you could go see her. I kind of think we should somehow try to stalk Lindsey so there can be a true sighting of her. Forget Mitt Romney this weekend we need to find Lindsey.

Mindy said...

i forgot to mention how much i loved the linsdsay A-Lohan pun. it was great.

Mel said...

You should write for US Weekly. I love celebrity gossip. Who doesn't really? Especially when their lives are so much more pathetic than mine. I miss living in UT with the Sundance Film Festival and I would hope to see Brad Pitt. Good times.

Candace said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot BELIEVE that L-Lo was actually, like just across the street from my house. I totally should have dragged my kids over there and, you know asked if we could hang out sometime. Maybe she could have babysat for me. My kids need to get hooked on red bull and cigarettes early, so like, you know, they can be in with the cool crowd.
But seriously, it seems really weird that there are famous people traipsing around Orem, buying hundreds of dollars worth of junk food, right under our noses. I really wish that I cared about the big "L", because this kind of news would make my life so much more exciting.

AnnEE said...

That was AMAZING!! So thorough, so riviting! US Weekly ain't got nothing on you!!

That must have been a really special bag of pringles to cost $600!!

cait said...

oh my gosh...this is my favorite post! you are hilarious...and lindsey is crazy and mean. come see me soon!

Marisa said...

That is silly. One of the ladies that used to come into the drug testing place I worked at worked at Sundance and ran into Lindsay a few times. Like Lindsay literally bumped into her and didn't even say anything. She is a weirdo. I miss you Em!

monica said...

Oh, I just got the A-lohan pun. I didn't get it the first time. Thanks Mindy. She sounds like such a brat. Go back to Cali, Linsey.

Melly Mel said...

You should write for one of those magazines! I'm serious! I would rather read your blog than read those magazines. Weird that she's there. Maybe she'll convert. Give her a BOM>

Jenn Daniels said...

Emily - Haven't you seen the diamond-encrusted packages of pringles? They are sold right next to the sterling silver cans of red bull. You are seriously the funniest person I know! XXOO --J-

Flinders Family said...

Keep your eyes out...I just heard her dad is coming to visit her. If I had $600 to spend, it wouldn't be at Walgreens though...maybe Target, IKEA, Tai Pan, or Costco, but not Walgreens! By the way, did you hear about the gifts Joel sent us? He is hilarious!

Jessica said...

I heard on the radio this morning all the places she was spotted in Utah. So weird, I never would have guessed that just one year later Lyndsay would shop at the same mall I did, she even went to CPK. Wow!