Thank you for your comments and opinions on my blog post. This isn't a "Bella-hating group," there are just certain things about Bella that bothered me and apparently some of my friends felt the same way.
I think Bella is too young to know what she wants. Yes, Edward is very handsome, but there is more to a relationship than physical attraction and "crooked smiles," a "velvety voice," and "amber eyes." I strongly believe in dating and getting to know many people before decided on who you would like to be with forever, and I don't feel that Bella has done this. It bothers me that she has already made up her mind without living a life of her own. For example, how does Bella really know that she doesn't want to have children? You say that she isn't the "motherly type," but she is constantly caring for her father and mother in a very maternal way. She is only 18 and would most likely change her mind later in life about wanting children if she had the opportunity to. As for vampires having children, how does that even work? Would they change a three year old and then have them stay a three year old forever? I think changing someone into a vampire without their consent is worse than rape or murder, and yes, worse than Jacob kissing Bella. You even admit that Edward would be a wonderful father, and I'm sure that he wouldn't want Bella to lose that opportunity unnecessarily.
As for you thinking that because you are young we don't think you "understand the depth" of the books, you are quite mistaken. I'm sure you do understand these books because they are not deep at all. The plot and formula for these books is incredibly simple, and they're supposed to be because they are written for young adults such as yourself. That is what makes them so appealing; they are easy books to read.
I think that it is great that you write your own fiction, but I think it would be more satisfying for you to write something original, instead of writing different scenarios for what happens with Edward and Bella. Using someone else's idea is not as satisfying as thinking up a good plot yourself and going with it. If you want, stick to the romance/sci-fi genre since you enjoy it so much, but you are not doing yourself justice by writing more about a story that someone else has already told. Good luck!
I never want to talk about Twilight on my blog again. As Jacob so eloquently put it, "Bye Bella. I hope you don't die."
P.S. Bella should definitely stop passing out.
I think Bella is too young to know what she wants. Yes, Edward is very handsome, but there is more to a relationship than physical attraction and "crooked smiles," a "velvety voice," and "amber eyes." I strongly believe in dating and getting to know many people before decided on who you would like to be with forever, and I don't feel that Bella has done this. It bothers me that she has already made up her mind without living a life of her own. For example, how does Bella really know that she doesn't want to have children? You say that she isn't the "motherly type," but she is constantly caring for her father and mother in a very maternal way. She is only 18 and would most likely change her mind later in life about wanting children if she had the opportunity to. As for vampires having children, how does that even work? Would they change a three year old and then have them stay a three year old forever? I think changing someone into a vampire without their consent is worse than rape or murder, and yes, worse than Jacob kissing Bella. You even admit that Edward would be a wonderful father, and I'm sure that he wouldn't want Bella to lose that opportunity unnecessarily.
As for you thinking that because you are young we don't think you "understand the depth" of the books, you are quite mistaken. I'm sure you do understand these books because they are not deep at all. The plot and formula for these books is incredibly simple, and they're supposed to be because they are written for young adults such as yourself. That is what makes them so appealing; they are easy books to read.
I think that it is great that you write your own fiction, but I think it would be more satisfying for you to write something original, instead of writing different scenarios for what happens with Edward and Bella. Using someone else's idea is not as satisfying as thinking up a good plot yourself and going with it. If you want, stick to the romance/sci-fi genre since you enjoy it so much, but you are not doing yourself justice by writing more about a story that someone else has already told. Good luck!
I never want to talk about Twilight on my blog again. As Jacob so eloquently put it, "Bye Bella. I hope you don't die."
P.S. Bella should definitely stop passing out.
10 comments:
I tagged you on my blog. I understand how annoying that is, I really do.
Geez, Em, You really stirred up some feelings from Miss Bella. I think you're funny. Why don't you go start a fight with a middle schooler or something!!
Hilarious, Emily!
I'm to scared to leave a real comment.
I'm not allowed to read your last two posts because I haven't read the series yet - However, I still wanted to let you know that I care enough to continue checking your blog for something I can read.
Ditto Mindy, ditto.
Your posts have gotten scarier than my knife wielding children.
That is so harsh, harsh one.
Emmy, isn't this directed towards a little girl who is in middle school? Harsh Em...harsh haha...anyway I want to see you soon!! Lets play this weekend maybe if you aren't busy! ps...and Mindy too! (nertz?)
Em,
Leah just forwarded me a bunch of danville blogs, and I'm taking too much of my Saturday checking them out.
I'm totally laughing about your twilight posts. I've been rebelling against reading these books for so long and finally sat down this week to read them. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! What crappy, lame, annoying books that are soooo hard to put down.
Thanks for the laugh - Jen Stapley :) j-a-c-q-e-lynn.blogspot.com
Post a Comment