Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Taggy Tag McTagged

I've been tagged. Here are six things about myself:

1. When I am eating candy, I have to eat them two at a time, and I have to have one candy on each side of my mouth. To balance out my cavities, of course. I have easily devoured Costco's 5 lb. bag of Hot Tamales using this specific process.

2. I have a really good memory. I can remember people's names or where I met that person or what story they told me and who they were dating and why they thought he was weird and the funny nickname they came up with for that weird person, etc. This has come in handy with all the stories Christy tells. Also, when I see something in writing, like a quiz or something, I can remember what the answer is if I see it again a little while later. This helped in college since I never studied. I also have a good sense of direction and can always figure out how to get someplace. If I have been there before, even as just a passenger in the car, I can almost always find it again on my own.

3. I hate calling people on the phone. When I have to call someone, I dial their number but leave one last number to push because I'm not ready so I have to pump myself up. Usually before I am sufficiently pumped up, the phone will start beeping at me or the operator will start talking. I wait a couple minutes and then repeat.

4. I think
I am so funny and I laugh at my own jokes just about every time. I remember my good friend Tyler Owens saying, "It's so annoying how you always laugh at your own jokes." And I replied, "If you were funny, you would laugh too." And then I laughed and I laughed.

5. As a child I had crushes on many cartoon characters. Now that I am older, I realize that those crushes were pretty weird because many of those characters were animals. I loved Robin Hood (a fox [I still secretly wish I was Maid Marian]), Cooler (a pound puppy), Lion-O (some sort of ridiculously strong man-lion?), Michelangelo (a hero in a half-shell), and even Handy Smurf (he was so helpful). Maybe I am a furry.

6. I can growl like a cougar, screech like a hawk, and sing the entire theme song of Muppet Babies doing all the different voices. I can't do a cartwheel, whistle, or eat peaches.

8 comments:

Mel said...

Dear Emily- you're my favorite. Mel

Candace said...

Emily, I think you are funny too. And I promise to laugh at your jokes unless they are really stupid. P.S. I had a crush on Robin Hood too.

Mindy said...

I remember when Tyler said that to you and we really did laugh and laugh. Mel, when you said emily is your favorite I know that you weren't counting me. Right? I mean, obviously.

Mindy said...

Right?

Lauren said...

I like number 4. I think I'm funny but I know that other people don't. At least Adam humors me and laughs.

Julia said...

Ditto on the Hot Tamales fixation. It was in your home ward, actually, when Logan and I were living with you one summer, that we would bring Hot Tamales to church and eat them in the middle of sacrament meeting. What, are we FIVE????

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy - I had to go thru Emy's blog because I am illiterate when it comes to all this blog stuff. I was just thinking that I could help you out - I also have experience running over .....not people but dogs. His name was Bobby, a big brown dog - we lived in Venezuela and I was driving down a narrow street when suddently, a gate opens, a big dog runs out and I felt the bump - I stopped and suddenly I am surrounded by 50 crazy Venezuelans yelling in Spanish.....BOBBY, BOBBY (can you say that with a Spanish accent?) They were all crying and screaming - I was so scared because I did not see exactly what was under my car I thought Bobby could be a child or worse, a man. I didn't know whether I could back up to see or if I should just drive off but like a good citizen I got out of the car and looked under the car and there was Bobby a big red mass of hair, convulsing - everyone was crying and I said: Do you want me to take him to the vet? And everyone spoke at the same time so I don't remember if they thought it was a good idea or not - I was late already to pick up Moni from pre-school so I apologized profusely and drove off three or more houses to "Los Gaticos" (the little cats)where Moni went to pre-school. The school principal was by the gate waiting with Moni who was already crying because I was late - I got out of the car, hugged Moni and cried at the top of mylungs - the poor principal/teacher didn't know what had happened but I told her that I HAD JUST KILLED BOBBY! THEN....I had the scary realization that I had to drive back and go by the house with all the people in the street -----I didn't want to go by there and be attacked by the mob of mourners. I chose to erase from my mind how I went back home but running over a dog has been one of the most horrible things I have ever done - that and a couple of fender benders. I now remembered that when I was learning to drive I knocked down a brick fence across the street from my house. Coming to think of it Mindy, I cannot help you out because as you can see I can be pretty wreckless behind the wheel - I suggest you call your dad and tell him that you do not spend holidays with stepmonsters. Love, Silvia

Mindy said...

That is a really really funny story. Thank you.