We went to see Jason's cousin Kassie in her school's rendition of Annie. And she was Annie! Isn't that every little girl's dream?! I cried during like every song. I may have gotten choked up during the instrumental music before they even opened the curtain. It was so good! Jason thought I was being racist when I asked (in between tears), "Where's Punjab?" I guess he doesn't remember the movie like I do.Kassie dyed her hair red for the play and Daddy Warbucks shaved his head for it too, and ended up looking a little creepy. Maybe because he looks like a younger version of Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins.
It was really cute when a little girl went up to Kassie after the play and said, "my name's Annie too!!" Great job Kassie! When you're rich and famous, remember how we came to see your play, and maybe you can thank us by buying us a couch.
5 comments:
You cried in every song? Are you pregnant?
That's funny that you cried in the songs. You hardly ever cry. I was also just thinking the other day how idiotic I am because when I watched Annie a few months ago, I started sobbing during "It's a Hard Knock Life." I kept thinking, "Those poor orphans. It is a hard life." At least I have the excuse of being pregnant, though I probably still would have done the same thing if I wasn't pregnant.
are you sure that guy is not from the smashing pumpkins?
This is why I like you, Emily; I cried while I read this post, it was so funny. (Darn leaky eye problem.)
No punjab and ladder scene? That use to be the scariest part of the movie. Did they have the scene where they do a big flip in the laundry basket? I would practice that for hours. I am sure it made you all nostalgic for Dahlia's Rising Stars... you were one cute mouse!
Post a Comment