- falling in a 6-foot-deep hole because it's so dark
- discovering a growth on her toe and then realizing it's not a blister after all, but a nest of small eggs
- river rafting down the Nile
- building a chicken coop for an orphanage so they can raise chickens and sell the eggs (not the same eggs that were in her toe)
- hiring a full-time armed guard to stand by their house at night with a gun to scare away people that are curious to see what the white folk are up to
Her emails and pictures that she sends are so inspiring and make me feel selfish that I am sitting here blogging and she's out there building chicken coops. Oh well, at least I'm spreading her message, right? Here are a few of her pictures that I loved.
If you are a single male and you're really cool, let me know and if I think you're as cool as you say you are, maybe I'll introduce you to her. She's beautiful, funny, athletic, makes delicious pumpkin muffins, and has strong calf muscles.





6 comments:
I think Jackie is pretty cool myself. She was my Sophmore Room Room mate after all. I'm not going to lie everytime she sends an email I feel guilty for not going. I was too worried about spending all the money to go. This is a very kind post.
Hahaha I actually laughed out loud about the croc comment!
Emily, come on, I said it was okay for kids to wear them. Thanks for the blog shoutout. And I also love Jackie.
What kind of eggs did she have in her toe? That reminds me of a gross story about spiders that we used to tell when I was a kid.
Emily!! i am totally not a blog checker, but Linds told me about this post, so i checked it. You are way to nice. I just love you and jayson!!! Ok so those eggs in my foot are blott fly larvae!! haha... absolutely disgusting/kinda cool. Bah! I wish all my friends were out here with me. Thanks for the shout out at the end calling all single males... keep the search on:) haha. Love you to death!!! Hope you are doing awesome!
I want to go to Africa too. Take me with you next time Jackie. Emmy, will you update my blog for me? Thanks.
Post a Comment