Monday, April 6, 2009

The secret life of cheese

Here are some short stories about cheese:

1. Last week after dinner at the Russons, some kids came over to play so we busted out the toy chest. Inside was the book "The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales" which I remember was the most awesomest book at John Baldwin Elementary. I remember being 8-years-old and thinking that book was so edgy--it was years ahead of its time with all those crazy Picasso-esque illustrations and wacky fonts! But it's not really that funny anymore.

2. Haycocks like to eat cheese a lot. In fact, one of my family members likes it so much, their email password is "cheese." I never read their emails, though. No seriously, I don't. They're boring and about church stuff.

3. Last week Jason's mom made a meatloaf for dinner. I don't think I have ever eaten meatloaf before (or that Silvia even knows what meatloaf is) but I loved it. She got out some smoked gouda to put on top of it. Jason said, "what kind of cheese is that?" even though I know he knew that it was gouda. He's always saying, "blah blah blah gouda from Holland is the best." Cori said, "it's smoked gouda." Then he acted all surprised and handsome. What's up with that?

As you can see, this blog post doesn't have a point, and that's what makes it so cool because I'm breaking all the rules, like that book I was just talking about.

9 comments:

laura said...

Cheese is always a valid point.

Marisa said...

What a cheesy post, Em.

Mostly Leighanna, some Jordan said...

stinky cheese man was totally the best. did it ever say what kind of cheese he was made out of?

Kristin said...

I forgot about stinky cheeseman! He was SO counter-culture.

Dave and Ash said...

You know, meatloaf is good but it sounds disgusting! Unless you are a meat lover, I suppose. But it's kind of like when you think about a word and how weird it is... like fork. Or road (please refer to Tommy Boy). Meatloaf? Gross! But good.

Audrey Henderson said...

ha oh man, i'm pretty sure we should join forces and take over the world with our comic skills and killer good looks. let me know what you think about that.

Stephanie said...

Oh Emily. You always keep me on my toes.

Paige said...

Cheese could have helped Kincade the other night. I bet a random car would have stopped to give him a lift home if he'd had some cheese to trade for it.

dp said...

"Then he acted all surprised and handsome", what a great line, I'm still giggling.
Ah, 8. I called and interviewed the illustrator Lane Smith as part of a project for an illustration class I was in, in college- this would have been about when you were 8. He was very nice, told me he was working on being the concept artist for a movie - "James and the Giant Peach", did you like that as a child?