Wednesday, February 9, 2011

hello, again hello

Jason's in school again. I haven't mentioned that because I've been averaging 8 blog posts a year or something lame like that. I'll make somewhat of an effort to be better. I won't make any promises I can't keep.

Where was I? So Jason's going to the U to get his MBA like a grown-up. He's still working full-time, he just goes Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-10 p.m. I don't know how he stays awake for a class for FOUR HOURS STRAIGHT. He's my hero. I miss him, but I'll admit it's nice to lay around and watch TV shows that he hates.*

We went to Mexico for Christmas with all of the Haycocks and all of the Petersons. My tan has already faded which is so sad. It was great to be with family and we seriously ate like royalty. At the end of the trip when we figured out how much money everybody owed for food, it came out to less that $3 per person per meal. A true Christmas miracle. Here are some pictures that I stole from Monica:
I think Alex was busy taking the picture which is why it's so perfectly centered.We fit all of these people, plus three more and a dog that aren't pictured, in that house. Another miracle.
I included this picture of Eli because he's just so cute.

And now for some late 2010 Silviaisms:
  • After my dad took a picture of us, my mom asked, "Look at the picture; does my neck look gobbly?" You know, meaning like a turkey neck. And turkeys say "gobble gobble". This one totally makes sense to me, but it was still funny.
  • Silvia loved watching Toy Story 3 with her grandkids. She hadn't seen it before and even screamed a few times! She especially loves the Spanish version of "Buzz Light". Sounds like an alcoholic beverage to me.
Thanks for coming, see you next month.

*The Bachelor, Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant, The Biggest Loser, American Idol, Real Housewives of _______, just to name a select few.

6 comments:

Calories In That said...

Who is your fav teen mom? Mine has to
Be Leah

Kristin said...

Oh hello, new post! You look so pretty. You should come here more often. To this blog I mean. So that there will be more new posts, is what I'm trying to say.

You could probably get a book and a TV show out of your mom's Silviaisms, a la 'S*#! My Dad Says.' Quick, to the Twitter!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I am totally going to start using "gobbly." AND, next time you go to that house, we are coming!

Rachel U said...

love real housewives!

Melly Mel said...

haha i love that you watch those shows.
come and visit us here in calif.

Paige said...

I just realized that your title is a Neil Diamond song. Unless you didn't do that on purpose, then I also have no idea what your title means because I do not listen to Neil Diamond.