Monday, April 11, 2011

It's about time for an update

Do you think my child will feel sad that I've spent more time watching The Kennedys* instead of blogging about her? Yes, I said HER. It's a girl we're having and we're very excited!
Apparently, this picture means girl?

Now I have to refrain from spending millions of dollars on girly things and enrolling my fetus in a ballet class. Just kidding. But seriously.

This baby has been such a peach to me so far, and believe me, I realize what a blessing that is. I really don't know how moms can handle being sick with other kids needing attention all day, or working and being a mom and being sick, or just working and being sick. It makes me appreciate that pregnant waitress at Denny's so much more. I'm 19 weeks along and I only puked three times! I think that's pretty awesome, and I am grateful for that. I was tired, lazy, and cranky for the first month or three but that doesn't seem too drastically different from my normal life. I will admit it was kind of fun to see the terror in Jason's eyes when I would burst into tears out of nowhere, then start laughing, then start yelling. I think that's over now (RIGHT, JASON??!??).

A week ago I wasn't feeling any sort of movement, but just in the last few days I've started to feel her kicking me and punching me every few hours. It simultaneously amazes me and creeps me out. But mostly it just makes me happy. Anyway, this post has a lot of words. Here's a picture of our daughter's cute face to keep you wanting more until I blog again.

*If you care to know, I think The Kennedys mini-series has been wildly entertaining because of the amazing costumes and hilariously bad accents. That family has really good hair. And also they have really good scandals, oh what scandals! Poor Jackie; having her private humiliations become public must have been hard. Also, my mom has a thing for Bobby Kennedy so it was neat to learn more about him. He seems (seemed?) like a really nice guy.

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats on your girl! You are due three weeks before me, we will find out in a couple weeks what we are having. So glad it's been easygoing for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Since probably no one will comment, I figured I should step up to the plate (joke). She's really cute!! She already looks like you.

Matt said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who went from laughing to crying too in about 30 seconds. So excited it's a girl!

Andrew said...

awesomeness. so excited for the little one. oh, and for you too.

Dave and Ash said...

Totally, dude! I was like "that little knob sticking out thing looks like a wiener to me!" Congratulations, Emmy. So happy and exciting.

Marcus Lane said...

congrats on the girl. and we also watch the kennedy and were dying of katie homles so called accent.....so funny! yet still entertaining, right?!

Liz said...

I'm so happy you're having a little girl!!!

I still laugh about the time I was watching Annie while pregnant with Will & burst out crying when they were singing "Hard-Knock Life." I kept thinking, "It is a hard-knock life - those poor orphans!" And then I started laughing at myself b/c I was so ridiculously emotional. Pregnancy hormones are crazy!

Julia said...

Congrats on the baby girl! I'm sure your mom will spend millions of dollars on little girl stuff, so you won't need to. That's how I roll, anyway.

M said...

A baby girl! Hooray! Might she be a future lax player? ;) I'm so happy for you and Jason!

Jordan and Candice said...

That doesn't look like a girl to me. BUT, if it is as you say it is, she will make a really nice girlfriend for Ellis.

Sophia said...

Girls are so fun and they come down here with all this motherhood in them ... eden is aldready into soothing her baby dolls and changing diapers. Girls are great to have first!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I don't think your daughter will mind, as long as you name her "The Kennedy."