Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Final Countdown

I'm probably having a baby tomorrow if there is room at the hospital. Induction junction, what's your function? My baby could share a birthday with JTT! Awesome. I started snoring very loudly a month ago and I cried a lot while watching An American Tail today so I think it's about time to get this baby out.

My last day at work was on Friday and a whole new world has been opened to me. I realize how much daytime TV sucks and how my next door neighbor does loud yard work EVERY. DAY. Did I miss anything good during Oprah's final season? Because there's nothing to see now.

People keep asking if I'm "ready". Physically, sure, we have a car seat and a place for her to sleep and some diapers and clothes. Emotionally? How do you get ready to push out a baby? I'm just not thinking about it and doing it. Probably a mistake...but too late now!

I probably should have blogged these pictures about 5 months ago but that didn't happen. Is this a super depressing blog post? I don't mean it to be; we're super, SUPER excited to finally meet our little girl, it just is kind of surreal right now. We're going to be PARENTS!

21 weeks

23 weeks


29 weeks

31 weeks
34 weeks
super attractive at 38 weeks, 2.25 weeks ago


Goodbye, regular blog. Hello, mommy blog.


p.s. Remember when I started a post series called "Why I'm Excited for Jason to be a Dad" and then only did Part 1? That doesn't mean I could only come up with one reason; it means I'm a lazy blogger. But you already knew that, didn't you?

6 comments:

shayna said...

Yep, I'm really excited for you. Maybe you could just watch old romantic comedies all day long once you have a baby. What are you going to name her?

Jessica said...

You look great! Can't wait to see pics of your new arrival! :)

Miss Mary said...

So excited for you!! And very happy for you too!

Dave and Ash said...

Oh boy! Or I guess I should say "oh girl!" Good luck! And you are super attractive Emmy. Don't ever forget that.

Love,
Ash

Lindsi said...

I'm anxiously awaiting the Mommy blogging to begin. Even thought I don't usually like people with babies. I'm making and exception this time.

Anonymous said...

hello mommy blog!! hooray! you look super beautiful. congrats. i'm sure you've had said bundle of joy already.

I'm not blogging at my mattandmin blog anymore. So, visit me at {www.thesimpleandbeautifullife.blogspot.com}