Monday, October 10, 2011

Baby Silviaisms


My mom stayed with us for a week after Jane was born and we are forever grateful for her help and her company. Of course she said some hilarious things but I only wrote a handful of them down. For some reason she reffered to Jason as "white boy" or "Englishman" during the week. I'm glad he wasn't offended.


On Jane looking at her: Look! She's eyeing me out!


On Jane escaping the swaddle blanket: She's like a little Houdini (she pronounced it How-dini)!


On how DVRs work: Do you have to push record every time, or does the tv just get used to it?


On how Jane's head could get flat if she lays on only one side: At this age, their bones are so gentle...no, I mean blendable...no, I mean bendable.

6 comments:

Marcus Lane said...

your mom is awesome!!

Wendy said...

Emily your little Jane is just beautiful and she sounds like an angel! I can't believe she is already over a month old, you are past the hardest part!
Where were all of the sleep deprived "this is so hard" posts?!
Congratulations!!!

shayna said...

Eric and I went on a double date with your mom and dad on Saturday night. I feel like I could have written an entire book on things that Sylvia said.

Mindy said...

the DVR one made me laugh out loud.

Mostly Leighanna, some Jordan said...

hahaha the self-aware TV. jane is such a cute name, by the way...totally normal name but you don't hear it very much so it's not like there will be a million janes...unlike how there are 4 sophies in junior primary in my ward.

it took me 5 different brands of swaddle blankets to find one that worked. i don't know who the geniuses are that design those things with like the teeniest square of velcro to secure it. yeah right.

braden said...

Forevermore Jason will be known as "The Englishman" - that's awesome.