Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A (not so) brief review

Some people, like me, think that Lindsay Lohan deserves more face time on my blog. But I don't think that will ever happen. So in the meantime, I'm putting up some pictures of things that have happened in the last month.

My friend Johnny left for Iraq. He'll be gone for about 9 months and he will be guarding a POW prison (or something like that) while he's there. One time I broke a window with a water balloon, and Johnny took the blame for it. He's nice like that. He's also serving in Iraq so that people like you and me don't have to. Thanks, Johnny. This is a picture of me in DC with George W, the original. That's the only convention picture I will post. Jason took me up to Sundance for a day. We've heard there is cool stuff up there, so we decided to take a gander. And what we had heard is true, there is cool stuff, especially if you like pretty trees and hiking. Sundance has a few restaurants, a chair lift, mountains, and Robert Redford. We were up there right as the leaves were beginning to change, but I'm sure it's even prettier now. Go NOW! Audrey and Steve came into town so we had a big pizza dinner that for once wasn't paid for by the Wolf family. We had a fun girl reunion which also included husbands, fiances, boyfriends, and friends that are boys (Cameron). Jordan's birthday came along and we celebrated by smashing an Elmo piñata. I feel lucky to have had so many piñatas at my birthdays growing up; it has really paid off because I was the one to take off Elmo's head!! That sounds really morbid, and it is. The party was a ton of fun and Team Danville is going strong. I was also impressed by B.J.'s incorporation of ninja skills into a traditionally Hispanic ritual. Warning: This video contains some graphic content and is not suitable for any child that loves Elmo.

9 comments:

Calories In That said...

Hay cock, your blog is always so funny. It's always so refreshing to read :) Hope all is well!

Lauren said...

I ilke how in the video you can hear Mindy is laughing the whole time in the background.

Mindy said...

I forgot about how you broke that window with a water balloon, thats a great story.

Candace said...

I really like you with bangs. Good move.

Mandi said...

Sounds like you have been super busy lately Em. Oh, and by the way...I think I can say this even though I am married...your man is a cutie pie!

Meriel Frandsen said...

How fun!! Jordo's b-day celebration was hilarious. The elmo looked so funny with no head. BTW - I think Jason is awesome, so funny and so nice.

Mel said...

Keep the posts coming, Emily. I love that video with Mindy's laughing in the background. It made me smile really big.

Melly Mel said...

You have a sweet boyfriend to take you up to Sundance. I hope you had fun! You crack me up Emily! I wish you would have came up more than once to AZ to visit me.

CdA News Editor said...

Hey Emmy,
You are SO funny! I am glad you keep a blog since we don't have any get-togethers unless someone dies or gets married. Come visit us anytime!