Monday, October 22, 2007

Expensive Date

Jason kept saying how rides at Lagoon are fun. Lagoon fun? No, sir. Those are wimpy/scary carnie rides compared to Six Flags! So I decided to prove it to him! Some of you might remember this place in Vallejo as Marine World/Africa USA. Then it became Six Flags: Marine World. Now it is Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. I don't know why they keep changing the name, but what I do know is that they keep jacking up the prices! I felt robbed, until I realized that I was having a very fun and educational day, so it was worth it. Here is my MasterCard commercial (actual prices):

Two tickets to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: $72.98

Parking: $15

Tweety bird hair ties (I forgot one at home. You can't go on rides with your hair down!): $4.28


One regular sized locker: $19
($10 deposit was returned when we gave our key back)

Lunch of two slices of pizza, six cheese sticks, and one large soda: $22.36

Total time spent waiting in lines for rides: 2.75 hours

Tigers, camels, giraffes, penguins, chubby seals, and Shouka the whale: Free

Another large soda, this time to ease motion sickness: $4.28

Seeing Jason get sick on the Haunted Mine 3-D ride: Priceless

6 comments:

Jules AF said...

Wait.... it's not Marine World anymore? I totally grew up going there on these amazing field trips. I'm a little sad right now.

mamasuisse said...

Last time I went to Marine World ' Discovery Kingdom, I was pregnant and couldn't even go on any of the rides :(

We'll have to take out a second mortgage and take the fam next time we're in Danville.

Mandi said...

I love the pics and yes any place in CA is much better then amusement parks in Utah. But you do pay the price.

Mindy said...

You guys did so much that one weekend. I have a friend, that would have been his whole life.

Marisa said...

Rob thinks you should keep dating Jason, saying he's rich now because he's Canadian.

cait said...

i remember marine world. that's where i passed out in the food line.