Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, With Love, Scott

This post is to honor the birth of my wonderful friend Mindy. I will not write her full name, because then people can Google her and find her. I know that Mindy likes attention, so she will appreciate all the blogs written about her on this special day, the day of her 24th birthday.Let me tell you a tale about Mindy. Or rather, let me show you pictures of the adventures Mindy and I have had over the years.

Mindy is very creative. One day, I turned on my computer, and this was the picture on my desktop. Apparently, post-its weren't an option at the time.
Mindy and I like to laugh a lot. This is a picture of us really laughing, this is not a pose. Mindy loves the show "Who's the Boss." Here, Mindy is acting out the opening credits of the show, when Tony Micelli is beating the punching bag. Actually, I think he is hitting that little bag that hangs from the ceiling, but you get the idea. Sometimes Mindy and I get into mischief. My parents think that it is always Mindy's idea, no matter how many times I tell them that it was my idea. Sorry Mindy, but thanks for taking one for the team. For this reason, my parents would probably consider Mindy to be the devil on my shoulder. This is ironic because Mindy dressed up as a devil for Halloween two years in a row. But really, my parents love Mindy and my mom thinks that Mindy should "record her laughter and sell it to radio or TV." Mindy likes to eat exotic food. When she goes camping, she roasts Starbursts over the fire and then eats them.

Mindy loves to gamble. She's not good at it, so she doesn't gamble often. Mindy is always willing to give me a piggy-back ride, or to help with my chores so I can go out to play. Mindy introduced me to Harry Potter, and for that I am eternally indebted to her. Mindy likes to dare me to do things, and I always do them. She still owes me a Slurpee for slow dancing by myself at Jordan's wedding when there was no one else on the dance floor. I didn't dare her to hit Christy in the eye with a golf club, she did that on her own.
Mindy is adventurous and likes to do fun things like 4-wheeling. It was a freezing cold blizzard, but Mindy still insisted on riding those stupid things in the cold. The reason why this post has "with love, Scott" in the title is because Mindy loves Scott Baio, and Scott Baio loves Mindy. I do too. Happy Birthday Min!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

That was a wonderful story you told through those photos. Thanks em, I'm glad we're friends.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday mindy!! i love this post so much...remember mindy when you had that little gambling incident in the middle of the night in Vegas and you woke me up and I had to bail you out? :)"brittany...wake up...you see...I kind of um bet YOU when i was gambling and...well..." also i remember this little scott baio photo that graced the screen of emily's computer for about six months...oh scott:) anyway happy birthday friend and i miss you!!! I hope you have a fabulous christmas too! and ps emily lets leave like ten more messages to each other about costco okay? clearly we like talking about costco or we just love leaving messages? (apparently I am VERY guilty of that second one :) ) I'll try and keep my messages shorter from now on...oh wait...do blog comments count?...oh no. the end.

Mel said...

Aaaa that was so funny I think I might cry. She is quite a hoot, that one.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Mindy!

mamasuisse said...

Mindy should record her laugh and sell it. It could be a good money maker. I saw Scott Baio in a parade once, and we made such a close personal connection that I've been in love with him ever since. But I'll share him with Mindy.

Marisa said...

This is the best post you've ever written. Probably because it's about Mindy. It was way better than mine.

Emily 1, Marisa 0.

Mandi said...

Mindy-

Happy birthday from an old friend! Mandi. I do remember you being very involved in a lot of the spyglas pranks. You keep things lively and I loved that about you! Enjoy being 24 its fabulous. Well, at least you can make it fab if you want too!

Debbie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Mindy! I also loved this blog, and I also loved that you dressed up as me for Halloween a few years ago, i'm honored.

Yours Truly,

Ricey

Melly Mel said...

You are such a nice friend! Mindy is a sweetheart! Happy Birthday! Emily, you never cease to make me laugh.

AnnEE said...

Not only did you have an accent when you wrote that part, but you were Asian. I heard it, too. Don't worry. annehazen@hotmail.com

Thanks for being my friend on the plane. I really hope you don't get sick. If you do, please re-infect me to get back at me.