Wednesday, July 30, 2008

100th Post!

Remember the 100th day of school? Everybody was supposed to bring 100 somethings to class. I brought beans because that's the only thing that we had at our house in bulk numbers like that.

This is my 100th post. I will now post 100 things about me.

1. There is no way that I would really type out 100 things about me--much too boring.

29. Last year, I bought a scooter and I named him Sancho. I loved that scooter and how I could drive for 80-100 miles on just one gallon of gas. Jason loved the scooter too; he would ride on the back because he was afraid to drive it in case he crashed it. I had that cute little scoot for a year and then I sold him a few months ago. It was a very sad moment when I said goodbye to him and I have regretted it a few times since. The boy that bought it from me got a $50 ticket a week later and was dishonest and never paid it. I was naive and left him my license plate so the ticket got billed to me. As far as I know, he hasn't registered the scooter yet so if he gets pulled over, I'll get another ticket. His name is Ryan Gardiner. Haze him on facebook.

57. My mom has been in southern California for a few weeks, so I assumed that she felt the earthquake yesterday. Unbeknownst to me, she had just driven back home the night before. I called to see if she was okay and if she had felt the earthquake and she said, "What earthquake? The earthquake that you called me?" I guess her phone was on vibrate and it startled her. I'll be honest, that wasn't the funniest thing she's ever said and it wasn't that blogworthy, but sometimes it's just funny because of her accent.

78. Last night I pretended to go to sleep but really stuffed some pillows under the covers where my body should have been. Then I snuck out and hid in our TV room where it was completely dark and all I could see was the glow of different lights going on in various rooms while Jason tried to find me. I knew he was getting closer and the anticipation of Jason finding me was terrifying--not because Jason's abusive or anything, don't worry, but it did kind of feel like a scene from a Lifetime original movie. Scariest ten minutes of my life.

100. I get goosebumps when I see commercials for the Olympics. I especially can't wait to find out what this year's scandals are going to be:
*Is {insert runner's name here} on steroids?
*Should {insert swimmer's name here} swimsuit be illegal because it makes them go too fast?
*Will {insert beach volleyball duo names here} be taken seriously after posing for naughty magazines?
Too bad I'll miss the first few days of Beijing 2008 because I'll be in Montana taking naps and writing wedding thank you cards. I can't wait!
Jealous? (You have to say that in the Beverly Hills Chihuahua voice.)

9 comments:

Jules AF said...

Stupid Ryan Gardiner. I did look him up on facebook, but I'm too much of a wimp to actually send him a message to tell him that he's stupid. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 100 blogs. So wait, did you pay for his ticket? This reminds me of the time this one guy I dated got a parking ticket when we were dating, and it was my fault so I paid for it... and then years after we had broken up, I had a few "holds" on my byu account, and when I called in to ask, they said I had 3 parking violations on my account... but when they looked them up, they were actually the ex-boyfriend's violations and they had just traced his license plate to my check that paid for his ticket back in the day. Stupid byu. So I had to call him and straighten it all out. Kind of hilarious.

That was a long story and I'm sorry if it made no sense. Toof!

Tricia said...

I've had my blog since 2005 and I still haven't reached 100 posts. I've written approximately 1.9 posts per month. No wonder people don't come back and visit.

Mel said...

I am jealous of your care-free Montana vacay! And that pillow in the bed story scared me, for real. I like to play mind games on myself like that, too. The self-torture mind games is, of course, Mindy.

bklain said...

Emily I love you! you are so clever. happy 100 posts! that is an amazing record. when are you guys leaving for MT? I AM so jealous! we'll be like 60 miles north of where you will be for the last week in august! oh Canada! ok bye.

Kim said...

Emily I must admit I would have read every single one if you would have really written 100 things about yourself. I'll do anything to avoid working. Maybe you should really consider writing 100 things about yourself. Don't be so selfish and start think about the people that have boring jobs and need you to entertain them.

Emily said...

I still haven't paid for the ticket because I have no evidence that it's no longer mine. I somehow left without getting my copy of the bill of sale and he paid me in cash. I am tempted to report it stolen so I can have my scooter back.

Mostly Leighanna, some Jordan said...

there might be multiple ryan gardiner's, but i know one from valencia that grew up with jill and trina....i wonder if it's him? what a d-bag. you should totally report it stolen, i would. maybe that will get his attention.

Mindy said...

Congratulations on 100 posts!! Starting blogs was the greatest decision we've ever made.