skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Let's Ride!
So apparently every town in Utah has it's own series of "days" in the summer. Onion Days, Art City Days, Alpine Days, Pioneer Days, Lavender Days, Stampede Days, Polygamy Days (okay, I made that one up), etc. Pleasant Grove has Strawberry Days and it is a pretty big deal, everybody who's anybody was there. So last night I went with Jason and Christy to my first rodeo ever at Strawberry Days. It was an adventure from the very beginning. They had these little kids riding sheep and falling off. I believe this is called Mutton Bustin?
They tied up calves in 6.5 seconds!
There were lots of Wrangler jeans and belt buckles. This man wasn't there, but I think he is handsome.
There were lots of cows mooing right underneath us!
There were lots of girls smiling. I couldn't think of a caption for this one.
There was great carnie food.
What, can't everybody eat a nacho in one bite?
There were Rodeo queens, and man, I wish I was one. I would love to wear turquoise Wranglers with matching chaps with fringe and sequins all over the place. I'd have to bleach my hair and curl it first, though. But really, it kind of made me wish I didn't stop riding horses when I was younger so I could bring some diversity to the Rodeo Royalty.
In conclusion, I loved the rodeo. I have never felt more patriotic and yes, the strawberries were delicious (I think they were from California).
6 comments:
Did you cut bangs???? I love them! "oh how cute, look at the bangs..."
Cait yes I cut bangs! Wait, I totally remember that, my mom said it, but who did she say it about?! Wasn't it a boy? I'm laughing so hard right now.
Disney costumes with big white gloves weren't enough?
I'm not sure I'd be TOO excited to go to Onion days, however, Brigham City has Peach days, which almost makes the hour and a half drive look appealing to go. :o)
Em, please promise me you will never wear wranglers. But please, more fringes and sequins. Oh yeah, and who is the dude in the hat? Is this something I should know about...?
Kay, you are seriously hilarious! But, you better come to the Spanish Fork rodeo next year when we are going to put Brooklyn in the mutton bustin! She'll do awesome, don't you think! I just got the most awesome email from Joel, by the way. You keep in touch with him, kay!
Post a Comment