Before I continue to blog about my trip last weekend, I just wanted to give a shout out to Evan O'Dorney who is from Danville and won the Scripp's National Spelling Bee last night! Way to go Evan! This kid is an overachiever; he is a black belt in Tae-Kwon do, he's part of some Berkeley math club, he composes his own music, and has all sorts of scholarships and awards and what not. What was a little disappointing is that he admitted that he doesn't even like spelling that much, he just does it because he "has to." All those other kids love spelling and would probably be a lot more gracious if they had won. But hey, that's how people from Danville roll, am I right? I'm really self conscious that I have spelled something wrong in this post."This kid has accomplished more than I ever will in my whole life." -Mindy Holman
"Quote me too." -Tari Brandy
6 comments:
Thanks for quoting me Em!!
I like mindy's quote. Nice B-L-O-G. I can see you guys at Mindy's house discussing the titles of your blog about the spelling bee. Am I right?
hahaha. no, but we did definitely talk about how we're going to blog about it, and she did tell me to quote her. so did tari.
i can't believe you remembered i said that.
I wish wish wish that Mindy and Tari would blog. I also think it's funny because Jason and I saw the picture of this kid on MSN today, and we both made fun of him. I said, "Man that kid is probably the biggest dork in the planet who grew up in some lame town where there's nothing to do". No joke. Does that make me lame too??
My mom, Jenn, and I saw this while we were in Denver last weekend and we are so proud!
Post a Comment