Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Utah Arts Festival 5k

Tricia had a brilliant idea over a month ago to sign up for a 5k as a motivator to get into shape and to run more often. Bad news: it didn't work; I was still unmotivated and only trained four times. And when I say "trained," what I mean is that I slowly jogged for about 20 minutes, give or take 5. Good news: On Saturday I ran the 5k anyway and didn't walk once, except to take a couple sips of Gatorade at the half-way mark! I don't think running a 5k in 33 minutes is that bad if you never run, right? This is basically what the race was like: at the beginning we were smiling and happy, even at 7:30 in the morning. And at the end: everybody was feeling a lot stronger and I had a cramp.

3 comments:

AnnEE said...

Dearest Emily, If you ever need motivation while running, just imagine my big fat pregnant body trying to run, and you'll be able to run a marathon just out of sheer gratitude that you don't look like me! You're cute!

Marisa said...

you make wife beaters look hot. and by wife beaters, I of course mean the white ribbed cotton tank tops, not actual men who beat their wives.

monica said...

So proud of you Emmy. I didn't think you had it in you. Those lacrosse practice days have paid off, no?