Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Swedish Meatballs and Organizational Units

Yes, the day has arrived. It opened today. IKEA. And it was as glorious as you can imagine. I planned on meeting Paige at work at 8 am so we could carpool together. Of course I was running late, not even IKEA can keep me from pressing snooze a couple times. Luckily, Mindy got there right at 8, so when I met Paige and Casey in the Young Living parking lot, Mindy was holding a place in line for us. We got there right in time to hear the tail end of the Swedish national anthem and to see Miss Utah wearing her pink skirt-suit and crown. There were so many people, but good news, I think I only trampled over 4 adults and 1 senior citizen. They were slow and were blocking the way to the marketplace. Come on, what did you expect? The first 100 people to enter the store got free office chairs, and basically you had to camp out for 3 days to get that. And the people that did camp out all got yellow t-shirts that said "I slept with IKEA." How clever. Also, the first 2,500 people got special envelopes with prizes! Mindy had said earlier that if she didn’t get an envelope, she was going to kill herself by jumping off IKEA’s roof. That made me laugh. And guess what?! We got envelopes! Mindy didn’t have to kill herself, and Paige and I got $10 IKEA gift cards!! It was wonderful. Mindy and Casey weren't so lucky, they only got "buy one hot dog get one hot dog free" cards. Sorry. But it was totally worth it to wake up early but not get to work until 11:30. I could start everyday with a little IKEA. I made some purchases I am proud of and am excited to add them to my current collection of IKEA items. I also made a purchase I am not-so-proud of, but you know what that means?! I get to go back to return it!! Hooray! Oh yeah, I made a really funny joke when we were standing in line. They had a countdown at 9 am right before opening the doors, and it was pretty anticlimactic because after counting down from 10, the line didn't even budge. So I made a joke like the workers were saying, "I thought you had the key." Everybody around me in line laughed. I like when people think I'm funny.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I love this post! I wish I could have been there with you! Was the Mindy you were talking about Mindy Holman? I just assumed it was, but maybe I am wrong...

cait said...

K I am dying over the miss utah picture...thanks for the sleepover, you're great in bed!

AnnEE said...

Caitlin, if you want to see someone good in bed, come have a sleepover with ME! :o) I'm sorry, I forgot this was a G-Rated blog. Anyhoo, don't tell Mindy this secret, but if all I got was a lousy Hot Dog coupon, I probably WOULD have jumped off of the roof! :o) Just kidding. Call a sista up when you go to IKEA next....I would sure like to go!!

Mindy said...

Great job blogging about that great event. it was a great day... hi marisa!