It all began with Sofia's soccer game. Her team name is the Sun Devils. I think they have only won one or two games. They are not that good, but it is still fun to go cheer them on and to see these little girls try so hard that their cheeks turn pink (see above photo). This game was especially intense because Sofia was playing against her best friend of the same name. Sophia's team name is the Panthers because their uniforms are pink (obviously).
Sophia had once told Sofia that if they were to ever play against each other, she would refuse to play because it is against her best friend. What a LIAR! Just kidding, I'm sure she is a nice 7-year-old. The Panthers beat the Sun Devils 6-0. It was a rough morning, especially when Sofia was the goalie for about 10 minutes and 3 goals got past her. Oops. She did have one or two great saves though. Way to go Sof!
Norma took me to my favorite sandwich place for my birthday. Now everybody agrees that Jimmy John's has the best sandwiches. Even Sofi ate the whole thing, and for those of you that know her, she never finishes a whole meal. I think Norm was a little bitter that for once she didn't get to eat Sof's leftovers.
I don't remember what else we did. Oh yeah, we made delicious sugar cookies, went to the library, and then ate some pulled pork and ice cream at Michelle's reception. What fun we had.
Oh yes. Baby Wyatt is the sweetest little boy. He just smiles and laughs all the time and gets excited and flails his arms around. I can't believe he is already 6 months old this week! Everytime I tried to get a picture of him smiling, he would look at the camera, probably thinking, "What the heck is that? Is it delicious?" So no matter what I would do, his mouth was always agape when the camera was around. He has the most beautiful blue eyes and long eyelashes. I guess that comes from Jason? What do you think, Norm?
3 comments:
Emmy I love your blog. Your niece and nephews are so cute! And I totally looked at Monica's blog to see pictures of Mateo--he actually looks like a Mexicano!
I know! He is the little brown baby in the family. He's like...tanner than I am.
Ok, I SERIOUSLY really want to see pictures of Michelle's reception. Do you have any???? I promise I'll update my blog more dutifully if you put pictures on. :o)
Post a Comment